Thursday, September 18, 2008

Just because I'm hurting, doesn't mean I'm hurt...

"I'm walkin' down that long, lonesome road, babe
Where I'm bound, I can't tell
But goodbye's too good a word, gal
So I'll just say fare thee well
I ain't sayin' you treated me unkind
You could have done better but I don't mind
You just kinda wasted my precious time
But don't think twice, it's all right"
-Bob Dylan "Don't think twice it's alright"

I don't know where to start this, I did try out for an improv troupe on campus, so that is something good. I had to see if I still had it, if college boy HP still related to the high school Travis. Good news is, I did pretty well, I got the call back for more auditions.

Everything else though. I was kind of got close to a girl last night, nothing too serious of course, I'm not like that, but I realized that I was just going through the motions, here too I realized that I wanted to see if I was the same person I was before. I just kept thinking that whole time that I was hanging out with her about my last relationship and how to leave early without being rude. The bright side is that I'm better than meaningless relationships that are there just to be there. I need to find a girl who is meaningful to me, otherwise I don't give a damn.

Finding a girl that is meaningful to me though I worry may be near impossible. I've spent almost a year now building up the girl from my last relationship to the point where there really is no one to replace her. Of course the girl in my mind is imaginary, the product of my brain picking out the best of my ex's traits and forgetting everything else.

I'm sorry, this blog is an unorganized mess, but that's my brain right now, it really is...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i would be more scared if it was organized....

understanding what "the motions" are is the first step to contentedness