Sunday, March 29, 2009

Church

Lately I've been going to Prairie Lakes Church every time I'm in Cedar Falls on a Sunday. I really like the place even though it's a complete opposite from what I'm used to. I'm used to the quaintness of Ashton Chapel; this church has two morning services with about 500 people for each service. I started going because it is more informal and nobody notices me sitting by myself in a group that large. I find that when I go it cleans my soul out. I come in just proud of myself for waking up in time for it and my heart is still tainted by the long week I had gotten through. I try not to judge but in the begining with the people on stage singing I judge. I think they are trying to show off and show that they have more faith then the rest of us. When Pastor John gets up there though and starts speaking I open up my heart and my darker side gets some much needed light shed on it. It used to be a job to go to church in the morning and something I did more out of guilt than wanting to. Right now church is just something I need to cleanse me spiritually before I encounter another long week.

1 comment:

Marty said...

I'm glad you found something to take away all the dirt and grime from the week.
Nothing better than a fresh start on a fresh week.